Search This Blog

16 August 2010

What I've been doing while everyone else has been lazing about...

Well, as the scout for this trip I've already been on the road for about a month and a half. This time has encompassed South America, the USA and most recently the EU.

My scoundrelish ways have me now well and truly over museums, churches and bloody tourists. A couple of pints is all I want to see when I arrive in a new city and fortunately my first day and a half in London has provided this.

As someone who will be spending a lot of time with the liar and the hammer in coming weeks I have decided to keep myself separated from them wherever I've found it necessary for my own safety and their sanity (or found I wanted something different). As such my story will be running parallel as well as intersecting (which I know is impossible geometrically) with the others for the next six weeks.

In any event it appears I have been distracted by shiny things. My first day in London was spent enjoying the Tate Modern and in the hustle and bustle of Oxford Circus. That and chipping a molar tooth and battling the tube. All in all, I'd say that I broke even in my battle with London. Furthermore I have bought enough pants to see me through for the next four years.

Photos may arrive one day but until I can post them our avid readers will have to content themselves with the stick figures that my words can paint in their minds.

-The Scoundrel

No comments:

Post a Comment