Search This Blog

20 August 2010

On recovering

The Liar and I had an intentionally light day today; a late start, a slow breakfast, a walk to New Town for coffee.

At midday we went to see Uber Hate Gang at Underbelly. They put on the best piece of theater I have seen since Once and for all we're going to tell you who we are so shut up and listen.  The intensity was dialed up to 11, the concept and writing and acting all added to each other, the fourth-wall was shattered and ground to dust.  When it finished I couldn't wipe the look of shocked admiration from my face.

Pay what they're asking to see it.


Speaking of Ontroerend Goed, we're trying to find time to see Teenage Riot while we're here, but I'm nervous nothing can live up to Once and for all.


There's talk of a trip to Stirling tomorrow.  Expect photos.

3 comments:

  1. wow it sounds like you guys are having a ball! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stirling, darling, Stirling.

    I should know.
    1. I fell in love with a fellow from there and
    2. I slept in the trainstation at Stirling one night.

    Hmmm... The two points are not connected.

    ReplyDelete