Search This Blog

17 August 2010

Aftershocks of jetlag

We wandered around Old Town until it was time to check in.


I'm glad we booked our hostel in advance.  It's very nice, clean and well staffed, and if I hadn't paid for it before we left I wouldn't have thought we could afford it.

Our room overlooks the corner of Blackfriars, and we're a few blocks from Forest Cafe, where the Liar will be performing.

Monday evening descended into a battle against exhaustion, which was lost at about 7pm.

Which is why we both woke up at 5am.  With little else to do, and three hours until breakfast was served, we went for a wander.  Pictures follow.


I was planning to get up and go for a run, but unfamiliarity with the city made me cautious.  Having stepped outside now, I can see there are long paths around the city which form a runner's playground.  It should be a good couple of weeks.



I didn't take any photos of breakfast as haggis, sausages and scrambled eggs, though delicious, are not the most aesthetically pleasing plater-fillers.  The plan today is to do a walking tour, catch a Fringe Festival show and get ready for the first performance of Vodka and Truth.

4 comments:

  1. love the pictures thankyou - Holyrood - some great history there -and up onto the Crags? Great wet view of Calton Hill. I think you smelt the metaphorical roses? The colours are so grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! Especially the cluttered do not clutter sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like travel by proxy. Or just being a couple of steps behind you. Love the pictures - keep them coming if you can. And I'm enjoying the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PICTURES OF THE FOOD. THIS IS VITAL. I DON'T CARE HOW UNAPPETIZING IT LOOKS I WANT TO SEE!!!

    <3 Chi.

    ReplyDelete