Search This Blog

25 September 2010

Munchen without Oktoberfest

Munich had other attractions than Oktoberfest.  After our first night the Scoundrel and I were joined by honorary club member the Smile for a very hungover exploration of the city.  I just finished writing this post and Blogger helpfully told me they had lost it, and I would need to start again.  I cannot be bothered.  I'm going to put in the names of the statues without witty commentary, and you can make up your own mind about Munich.




Orlande de Lassus.  With a shrine to Michael Jackson on his plinth.  Dunno why.


Maximillian, Prince of Hornes.


Christoph Willibald Gluck.


Lorenz von Westenrieder.


We saw a parade.


And bridges.


The Bavaria statue.


I might come back to this post and edit in some wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment