Search This Blog

08 August 2012

Travel days: Gothenburg

I only got about six hours to explore Gothenburg and I wasted many of these eating.

I say wasted. I regret nothing.

A local porter
The food was fantastic; a salad sandwich and coffee for lunch, a vegetable stew and local beer for dinner. And after paying Norwegian prices for a couple of weeks, the cost was very low.

Also, all you can eat
Gothenburg itself was very nice, a lot of brick buildings, cobbled streets, canals and bicycle lanes. I forgot my camera on my first outing, so all my photos come from the evening and are of the old town, where I went for dinner. It's also why I don't have a photo of the enormous cookie I had after lunch. Thank goodness.

Stone!
And of course, all of this in the shadow of a castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment